Home sci-tech Facebook cancels annual conference on Coronavirus concern

banneraliexp

Facebook cancels annual conference on Coronavirus concern

by Ace Damon
Facebook cancels annual conference on Coronavirus concern

Every year, Facebook hosts F8, an annual conference for developers and those interested in learning more about the company's plans for the future. The purpose of the meeting is to share the news and bring Gigante closer to social networks with the community. However, it seems that concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus will hinder the company's plans.

On Wednesday (27), Facebook announced that it will be canceling the 2020 edition of its annual event. The reason is precisely the concern with the accelerated advance of the disease, which has spread alarmingly in several parts of the globe. The event was scheduled to take place on May 5 and 6, in San Jose, California, United States.

Facebook worried about Coronavirus advancement

The 2019 F8 edition attracted 5,000 people. This is not such an expressive number, but it must be remembered that developers from all over the world would attend the event. That was the reason why the company decided to cancel the event, although it plans to keep the community updated in other ways.

"We are planning other ways for our community to come together through a combination of local events, videos and live content," said Konstantinos Papamiltiadis, director of partnership platform.

“In view of the growing concerns surrounding COVID-19, we made the difficult decision to cancel the annual F8 conference this year, in order to prioritize the health and safety of our partner developers, employees and everyone who helps F8 a reality” , said another Facebook spokesman.

MWC was also canceled due to the Coronavirus

Facebook cancels annual conference on Coronavirus concern

The Mobile World Confress (MWC), the main global event in the mobile and smartphone technology market, which would take place this week in Barcelona, ​​Spain has also been canceled. The CEO of the GSMA, the company that coordinated the meeting, John Hoffman, told the press that the fair will not happen in 2020, since the "coronavirus epidemic has made it impossible to carry out".

More than 100 thousand visitors and exhibitors were expected at the fair in Barcelona, ​​Spain, and it is not yet known exactly what each company will do to celebrate the launch of its new products.

Large companies such as LG, Sony, Ericsson, Nokia, Amazon, Intel and several others had previously canceled their participation in the event. However, brands like Xiaomi and Huawei were counting on MWC 2020 to showcase their 5G mobility news to the world.

TecMundo discount coupons:

bannerebay

DIVIDER1

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

one × three =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More